Senior Web Designer
Start date: ASAP
We are looking for an outstanding Web User Interface / Experience Designer to join our Homestay.com team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a young and dynamic startup and working with a group of talented individuals with exceptional track record in delivering web applications and large scale/high traffic architectures.
In this role, the Web Designer will work with the Product Managers, Engineers, Creative Agency and Customers to create an intuitive and cohesive look, feel and overall user experience for our brand new consumer website Homestay.com. This site will be a leading edge consumer travel site offering search and online bookings at Homestay accommodation worldwide.
The ideal candidate is a brilliant problem solver, quick study, self starter and excellent communicator who possesses a passion for great user experience and the ability to achieve it.
You will also be part of a company that is revolutionizing the travel sector and creating a new way to experience travel!
- 3+ years experience designing interfaces, user experiences and interaction design for rich interactive web applications for the consumer and enterprise
- Ability to produce detailed user flows/wireframes for desired functionalities
- Strong visual design skills, including an eye for good typography, composition, and use of colour
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite & ability to work with external creative agency/designer when needed
- Strong information architecture skills
- Self starter & self motivated – keeps up with the latest trends & technologies
- Ability to be pragmatic and implement the right solution according to the business requirements / deliver within agreed timescales
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn a business domain and make informed design decisions based on the specific usage patterns of the application
- A methodical, clear approach to work
- A keen interest in everything digital
- Ability to implement your work in HTML5/CSS3
- Show an online portfolio of recent Web UI and UX work
Why is Homestay.com a great place to work for:
We’re a young, well funded, startup and we just started growing. It’s a great environment with a friendly and supportive team, and this is an opportunity to join the team very early, so you get to contribute to the success of the company and shape how our brand will look like.
It’s an environment in which a designer can do his best without the burden of heavy processes or hierarchies. You’ll also get to work closely with the investors and the business side of the company to put you in the position to deliver the best design possible.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a talented Web designer who knows digital inside and out.
- Has ideas spilling out of his head for design simplifications, improvements and additions to user experience.
- Produces design work that is modern, clean, focused, and inspiring.
- Is passionate about the travel industry
- Has worked with teams of developers and understands the web product development cycle
- Can use git/github or other revision control systems
- Is a nice person, easy to work with
- Is business minded, and can work and earn respect of both the technical and product/business team
Who will you work with?
The team includes people who:
- Designed large scale applications, such as the fastest SMS gateway in Europe (processing millions of transactions per day)
- Designed iPhone applications
- Designed their own products and started companies
- Have grown and sold large multimillion dollar businesses in the past (including Hostelworld.com, Newbay.com)
€50k-€80k based on experience.
How to apply:
Send an email and include resume, portfolio & personal blog to email@example.com, detailing your notice period and salary expectations.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to design mockups based on a brief.